RE: Excel special characters Now: Special Characters and Custom Cell Formats

John,

In the most recent versions of Excel, yet, you can format individual
characters differently in the cells.

Within the "working" line (not the cell itself, but the line up near the
menus next to the check and X marks), select the text (individual
characters, words, etc) that you wish to use a different format (font,
bold/italic/etc, color, etc) then use the standard methods to change the
format (the format menu, the pull-down menu in the tool bar, or the
right-clicking).  The change in format WILL NOT appear in the "working"
line but WILL appear in the actual cell.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI