Re: Cable Software

>Do you have/use software for design of wire rope cable or strand with
>hanging loads?
>
>Project involves stringing cable to prevent cars from driving off of parking
>decks.  6 kip point load at midspan on three cables.
If I read you correctly, the problem is statically determinant and
shouldn't require software. The cable mass is so small with respect to a
car that you can even do the dynamics. Where'd the 6 kip load come from?
Would I be too far off if I guessed a 3000 lb vehicle and 2g
deceleration? If I'm not too far off, you might want to verify
this--lateral loading puts a helluva tension on a cable.