RE: E, allowable bending and allowable horiz. shear for #2 hem-fi r KD 15%

Go to the WWPA web site.  WWPA.ORG

George Richards

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 2:35 PM
To: seaint
Subject: E, allowable bending and allowable horiz. shear for #2 hem-fir KD
15%

I think this is an easy one, but who knows these days.  I seem to recall
that the allowable bending stress of wood has been reduced in recent years
and I thought I heard it had something to do with the way forests are
managed to grow trees faster and then the growth rings are wider (I might
have this wrong).  But anyway, I don't have a current NDS so what I would
like to know is: What is the current allowable bending stress (Fb),
allowable horizontal shear stress (Fv) and modulus of elasticity (E) for #2
hem-fir KD 15% (2x6's through 2x12's).   Is this information available on
the web?
Thanks for your help.
Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
e-mail:  <mailto:kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net> kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net