distress criteria

Gentlemen,

The problem:
A distressed residence. A manometer survey has been performed on the lower level floor.
Query:
What is the general criteria to determine if differences in elevations are a concern and need to be fixed (mitigated);
  1. From a homeowners point of view?
  2. From an Architectural point of view?
  3. From a Structural point of view?
As a follow up, could anyone point the way to a standard (s) that is accepted by most concerned parties i.e.. Cities, governmental agencies, legal entities?

I realize the query is rather broad and general. I do have some experience in this area but welcome any and all input/suggestions  from such a distinguished group of professionals.

With respect,
Chris Lillback P.E.

*****Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender, and then delete it from your computer.  Thank you. CLASS.*****