RE: Engineers Designing their own houses.

OPINION

A good practice is to study the many options available before conveying your
solution...for an architect,  engineer or doctor.  Some engineers are wives.
Some wives have architecture backgrounds.  Some wives haven't the time to
"convert" anything and they hire professionals.

"A man only needs a roof over his head."  You were joking, right?

Sharon Robertson Bonds, PE
Salerno/Livingston Architects
363 Fifth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego, California  92101