To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Engineers Designing their own houses.
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 01 12:04:06 -0500
>A good practice is to study the many options available before conveying your
>solution...for an architect, engineer or doctor.
Funny you should mention doctors. It's a truism among physicians that the
doctor who prescribes for himself has a fool for a patient. With
attorneys it goes, the litigant who defends himself has a fool for a
client. (One reason I don't do my own automobile work any more.)
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org