RE: ACI Anchor Bolt Placing Tolerances

I don't believe that ACI has anything specific for embedded anchor bolts. ACI 117 has a general requirement that embedded items be within a tolerance of 1-inch, but it is noted in the Optional Requirements Checklist that the engineer may need to specify closer tolerances for some embedments.
-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Berkowitz [mailto:seaonc2(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 3:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ACI Anchor Bolt Placing Tolerances

Does anybody know if ACI has tolerances for placing anchor bolts.  Specifically, are there tolerances for bolt placement relative to other bolts within a group of anchors.  I know that AISC has tolerance values, but I was wondering if ACI also has something to say on the issue.

Thanks in advance;

Russell Berkowitz
San Francisco, CA