Re: ACI Anchor Bolt Placing Tolerances

ACI 117-90 does not really address the issue of anchor rod placement at
this time.  I believe the item in reference to embedded items is in
reference to embedded plates and other "larger" elements.

ACI 355.1R-91 Reapproved 1997 (State-of-the-Art Report on Anchorage to
Concrete) does discuss the issue of tolerances for anchor rod placement.
In particular, table 5.1 gives recommended tolerances.

ACI 355.1 does also refer to tolerances given by AISC (in their Code) and
by PCI (in their Design Handbook).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI