RE: Aluminum Stairs

> -CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com] wrote:
>
> My concern is the leg (or any other part of the structure) which bears
upon the concrete. Isn't this a no-no?

Oh yes.  Do not let aluminum touch concrete.  It's more than a dielectric
concern.  There will actually be an exothermic (mild) chemical reaction.

The original source for the reaction can be found in:

Monfore, G. E. and Ost, Borje, "Corrosion of Aluminum Conduit in
Concrete," Engineering News-Record, V. 172, No. 26, June 25, 1964, 6 pp.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.