RE: Anchor bolt cover

I don't know of any specific code requirements. The concrete cover should be determined based on the concrete cover required for shear on the anchor bolt and due to lateral bursting forces at the head due to tension on the anchor bolt. (Or if a drilled-in anchor, per manufacturer's literature or ICBO reports.)
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Diviney [mailto:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 8:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anchor bolt cover

What is the minimum cover for an anchor bolt in a cast in place concrete pier? Also, what section of the ACI or AISC (ASD) refers to this? The column is supporting gravity loads only.

TIA

Randy Diviney P.E.

Structural Engineer

Hayes Large Architects

Altoona, Pa

(814)946-0451

at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ********