Economical Stitch Weld

Is there a rule of thumb for the economical spacing of a stitch weld?  I
am welding a shelf angle to a tube.  I don't need a continuous weld,
actually less than an inch per foot.  I was thinking of specifying 2" @
12" o.c.  Should I have a spacing less than 12 inches?  I typically
require staggered welds of the top & bottom weld of angle to tube.

Rich
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.