To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: eccentric hss braces / erection bolts
From: David Adie <dadie(--nospam--at)bjginc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:51:16 -0700
situation - eccentric braced frame using slotted hss braces and gusset
does anybody know of a design reference or procedure for taking into account
"erection bolts"? is there even anything to take into account?
does it matter how much hss / gusset weld is in place (along the connection)
before the bolt occurs?
does anybody specify size or location of bolts on their drawings?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org