Re: eccentric hss braces / erection bolts

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] We don't deduct the area of the bolt holes when figuring the net area but you must consider shear lag. ( Ae = U x An )

You'll also find that it is impossible to fully develop the brace ( Ag x Fy ) when you consider shear lag.

Lastly you should have 2 erection holes, one to pin with while the erection bolt goes in the other.

Bruce