RE: Column Base Plates

Ok, How does stiffening the plate help the concrete bearing?  Wouldn't you
need to either increase the area of the plate; increase the concrete area;
or both?

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

-Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com] wrote:
> quite acceptable, however, the concrete bearing stress exceeded the
> allowable. I have decided to reinforce the plates.

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.