Bridge Deck Connections

Fellow Engineers,

	Can anyone direct me to the appropriate section in AASHTO or CAN/CSA-S6
for connecting wood decking to steel bridge beams and for connecting the
components together or provide me with a generally accepted procedure
for doing so?

	I'm planning to use 8x8 fir deck (spanning laterally) over steel wide
flanges at approximately 3' spacing (spanning longitudinally) all toped
with a wear surface of 3x12 (running longitudinally).  This bridge spans
only ten feet and carries loaded 18 wheel trucks at low speed over a
hydrocarbon pipe way in an industrial plant; it's closed to the general
public.

	Thanks in advance.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson