From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 12:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: BOOK RECOMMENDATION

Dear Colleagues,
I am looking for a book to substitute another one, kind of old, used in a
University. The book we used is:

Basic Steel Design
B.G. Johnston, F.J. Lin and T.V. Galambos
Third Edition
1986 Prentice Hall

We tried to find a newer version of this book, but apparently is out of
print. We would like you to recommend a substitute for this book, with
current knowledge, codes, etc., but with the same characteristics:
- simple to read, not complicated
- "self teaching"
- complete steel subjects included

Any suggestions?