BOOK RECOMMMENDATION

I like Gaylord & Gaylord's Design of Steel Structures.  (Third Edition:
Gaylord, Gaylord & Stallmeyer)  Probably not as easy reading as Bruce
Johnston's book, but Bruce Johnston had a knack of making things easy to
understand.  The Third Edition has parallel coverage of ASD and LRFD, so for
those who want to have a basic understanding of ASD only need to read the
ASD sections.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona