RE: AISC vs. AISI

What is the minimum thickness of structural tubing
> that AISC is no longer applicable and AISI is? Or is
> it dependent on the b/t ratio or other factors?

The technical distinction is that AISI covers light-gage and AISC covers thicker stuff (technical term). Personally, I'd think in terms of 1/8 in. as the dividing thickness. Below that, use AISI provisions. At 1/8-in. and above, the AISC provisions can generally be used.

Charlie