When sloping roof rafters sit on top of concrete
walls, what kind of hardware would be suitable to tie
the wall to the roof diaphragm? Per UBC the force is
at least 420plf*4'=1680 lb when ties are at 4'-0" o.c.
At floors, I am going to specify one of the Simpson
LTT ties, which does not seem to be appropriate for
the roof condition.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org