1970[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 1970
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:26:24 -0500
Dear Youthful Scott:
It just so happens that 1970 was a very good year indeed! I got my BSCE in January, and finished all of the work on my MSCE by December. All of my study was directly under the textbook Gods; Salmon, Johnson, and Wang. In July, my 2S draft deferment expired and I found myself a healthy and nervous 1A. Just then, Nixon's first draft lottery occurred, and my birthday gloriously placed me at #322 in the draft queue and thereby kept me out of Viet Nam. In August, I got married (still am). Finally, by December, I received and accepted the most lucrative job offer ever made to a MS candidate in any field of engineering at UW-Madison ... a whopping $1100/month.
I agree that it seems as though 1970 was just last year. Why am I now supposed to feel old?
Stan Caldwell in Dallas
Scott Haan wrote:
'Old' is relative. To me 1970 is 'prehistoric'. To 'flower power people' who were growing thier hair long and badmouthing thier country in 1970, it was yesterday.
- RE: 1970
- From: Bill Polhemus
- RE: 1970
- Prev by Subject: 14 story concrete shear wall building retrofit -- 1997 Uniform Co de for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings' (UCADB) Section 302.14
- Next by Subject: RE: 1970
- Previous by thread: RE: Ancient 4x12 Sizes
- Next by thread: RE: 1970