RE: CAD Vectorization Tool

You might find more useful information by reading recent magazine articles
about raster to vector softwares. Both Cadalyst http://www.cadalyst.com and
Cadence Magazines http://www.cadenceweb.com continue to cover this topic
thouroughly and their articles are available on-line. Using the Search Tool
at each website with the key phrase "raster to vector" will produce numerous
hits.

Link to recent article by Cadalyst: CLEAN AND CONVERT YOUR RASTER SCANS
                                    Five Raster-to-Vector Solutions Speed Up
                                    Conversion Of Paper Drawings to Digital
Files
                                    by David Byrnes, July 2001

http://www.cadalyst.com/reviews/software/r2v/0701r2v/0701r2v.htm

I demo-ed Autodesk's Cad Overlay 2000 last year and found it to be a very
good tool, but have no experience with other programs for comparison.

Brent Koch
Koch Engineering, Inc.
Livermore, CA
(925)456-7164
mailto:kochengr(--nospam--at)pacbell.net