I think it's correct. It is for a welded free flange connection - there is nothing that would force the hinge further away from the column face ( like a cover plate or intentional weakness away from the connection).
Also, the erratta has a correction for table 3-5, but not for that value.
>>> shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net 08/16/01 02:49PM >>>
My copy of FEMA-350 shows the location of plastic hinge at dsub c / 2 +1sub p in Table 3-5.
All other tables show this equation to be (dsub c + dsub b) / 2.
Anyone know if the equation in Table 3-5 contains a typo?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org