RE: 1970 - get a grip

Well, not only that, but can you imagine working in an office environment
where, if any "off-topic" non-work-related discussion ensues AT ALL, the
response is "shut up, I don't want to know ANYTHING about you personally;
we're simply here to work and for no other reason. I don't want to know
anything about you, about your family, your background, your philosophy,
your taste in music or cars, your hopes and aspirations, NOTHING!!!

"We're here to work, PERIOD. I don't want ANY communication on a personal
level WHATSOEVER."

That's simply ludicrous. It is NOT how people function even in a working
environment. The biggest "business deals" are always transacted over lunch,
or a barbeque, or a baseball game.

Get real. In some ways we're only pixels on your video screen, but these ARE
real flesh-and-blood people behind the words.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251