From: Gerard Madden <GMadden(--nospam--at)mplusl.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: FEMA-350 Table 3-5

I think it's correct. It is for a welded free flange connection - there is
nothing that would force the hinge further away from the column face ( like
a cover plate or intentional weakness away from the connection).

Also, the erratta has a correction for table 3-5, but not for that value.

-gerard
SF, CA

>>> shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net 08/16/01 02:49PM >>>
Greetings,

My copy of FEMA-350 shows the location of plastic hinge at dsub c / 2 +1sub
p in Table 3-5.

All other tables show this equation to be (dsub c + dsub b) / 2.

Anyone know if  the equation in Table 3-5 contains a typo?

TIA

Mark