Re: 1970 - Now 1976[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: 1970 - Now 1976
- From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:06:54 -0500
LOL!No, we didn't "register for the draft," we had to "register for selective service." I believe that is still a requirement to this day; I know my son (now 23) and my wife's son (turns 22 today) both had to register with selective service upon their 18th b'days.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: 1970I was 12 in the summer of 1970 too. Now regarding the draft, I never had to register when I turned 18. In PA registration was over. Were you still registering for the Old Confederacy back in 1970?
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1970 - get a grip
- Next by Subject: 1997 UBC 2308 [shrinkage-creep multi-story stud wall check] equiv alent in 2000 IBC?
- Previous by thread: RE: masonry veneer for residential use
- Next by thread: Soil stiffness