Active, at rest,passive soil pressuie[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Active, at rest,passive soil pressuie
- From: "E.B.Davison, P.Eng." <rndeng(--nospam--at)planet.eon.net>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:26:00 -0600
My soils "bible " is Soils Mechanics in Engineering Practice by Karl Terzaghi and Ralph Peck, Wiley Second Edition 1968. Page 188 establishes an empirical coefficient of earth pressure at rest Ko where PH=Kopv. " After a mass of sand has been deposited by either natural or an artificial process K has a value Ko intermediate between Ka and Kp". All this discribed in the Article on States of Plastic Equilibrium.
Bruce Davison, P.Eng.
RND Engineering (1997) Ltd.
#210 -9440 -49 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2M9
- Prev by Subject: Re: Acrobat Help
- Next by Subject: Re: Active, At-Rest, Passive Soil Pressu
- Previous by thread: Re:Need volunteer for testing 3D plotting program forSAP2000
- Next by thread: complicated simple connection