RE: 14 story concrete shear wall buildin

Scott
I don't know the particulars of the section you cited but one thing comes
to mind, the City of Los Angeles went through the seismic reinforcement
requirements of URM buildings based on division 88 which is now the Uniform
Building Code conservation.  I am aware that the City established
guidelines and set time table for owners to acheive compliance.  Perhaps
some things could be learned there from the Process.  I believe Nick
Deliqadri,S.E. was the head of the divsion and could possibly give you some
guidence.  I used to work for Nick in my early days and known him to be
outstanding engineer.
Good Luck
Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates