Subject: Does plasma cutting affect Yield Strength ?
From: G Vishwanath <gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:19:26 -0700 (PDT)
I am reproducing below a question received from a
member of another list to which I am subscribed.
I would appreciate any answers so that I can pass them
I have a customer who purchased NC laser cutting
equipment and now wants to nest and cut all gusset
plates for the job in one shot. The process will
also burn the holes in each plate. Back in the old
days, some EOR's would not allow holes made by MFC or
plasma claiming that mechanical properties of
the plate could not be controlled.
Does anyone have any info as to whether laser
cutting affects Fy and if so, how.
Any help would be appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org