Does plasma cutting affect Yield Strength ?

I am reproducing below  a question received from a
member of another list to which I am subscribed.
I would appreciate any answers so that I can pass them
on.

Regards
G Vishwanath

=========================
I have a customer who purchased NC laser cutting
equipment and now wants to nest and cut all gusset
plates for the job in one shot. The process will
also burn the holes in each plate. Back in the old
days, some EOR's would not allow holes made by MFC or
plasma claiming that mechanical properties of
the plate could not be controlled.

Does anyone have any info as to whether laser
cutting affects Fy and if so, how.

Any help would be appreciated.