Re: Acrobat Help

This was very helpful . . . . . for my home computer.  I run WIN98 at
home and it worked just like what is presented here.  I went to
PROPERTIES of Distiller and was able to put in custom page sizes.

. . . . But at my office I am running WIN2000 and for some reason it is
quite different.  The PROPERTIES dialog box does not have a PAPER tab.
It has an ADVANCED (I think, I'm at home now) tab and the paper size is
stuck on one size.

Can anybody running WIN2000 help me out?

Rich

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:57:01 -0700 Nicholas Blackburn
<nblackburn(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com> writes:
> I only have 4.5 but I can't imagine they changed it much:
>
> Try looking at the paper size under the advanced tab of the
> distiller
> properties dialog box (when setting the print device in Autocad just
> prior
> to printing, click properties after selecting the device).  There
> should be
> an entry for PostScript Custom Page Size.  If you select this you
> automatically get a second dialog box that asks for size and
> orientation. I
> believe that Distiller lets you set up custom sizes permanently as
> well.
>
> Distiller is the full blown rendering machine that is part of the
> Acrobat
> package. The alternate is PDF Writer.  If you need to print just
> text, ie a
> WORD document, pdf writer is fine, as it is a low res engine not
> intended
> for graphics.  If you need quality output, Distiller is the way to
> go as you
> have full control of the print job, size, color, resolution etc.
> 300dpi
> seems to be more than enough so don't go crazy with the resolution
> settings.
>
> Nick Blackburn
>

> phone: (510) 553-2160
> fax: (510) 553-2163
>
> mailto:nblackburn(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com
>

> *
> *
> *   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *