Re: Active, At-Rest, Passive Soil Pressu

Thanks to all who gave their thoughts and references, on- and off-list on
this subject.

One more question:

For structures above the water table, if we design for at-rest equivalent
fluid pressures in the 60-70 pcf range, are we designing a dam or an earth
retaining structure?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona