Can anyone tell me (or direct me to a good resource) how I calculate the
sag and resultant tension in a cable due to a point load, given the
distance between end supports, the cable properties (Area and Modulus of
Elasticity), the initial tension in the cable and the magnitude and
location of the point load along the cable. I am assuming that the ends
of the cable are at approximately the same elevation.
Thank you for your assistance.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org