Please refer to the following link:
Another source may be the LGSEA (Light Gauge Steel Engineers Association).
Finally, the Army Corps of Engineers has a design guide, TI 809-?? devoted to
light gauge steel which also discusses brick veneers.
-Keith Fix, PE
-Little Rock, AR
--- Chris Towne <ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com> wrote:
> I am designing a 2 story braced steel frame building that has a max. ht. of
> 38'. The exterior walls are brick with metal stud backing. Are steel shelf
> angles warranted or would it be standard practice to have a continuous wall
> from the foundation wall to the roof?
> Chris Towne, P.E.
> Chapman Technical Group
> 200 Sixth Avenue
> St. Albans, WV 25177
> Phone 304-727-5501
> Fax 304-727-5580
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org