embrittlement of reinforcing bars when hot-dip galvanized

Does any one have information supporting or denying that hot-dip galvanized
A706 rebar is embrittled during the galvanizing process.  I have an embed
that is A36 plate with #4 A706 welded to it.  The contractor has issued an
RFI with this as the basis for the requested alternate.  It is a new one to
me and I don't see anything in the ACI or AWS literature.

Thanks,

Nicholas Blackburn