I am designing a bullet protection system for an existing structure that
will use 1/4" and 3/16" AR225 and AR400 steel plates. I have never
specified abrasion resistant plate before, so I have a few questions
about it (see below). If anyone could provide some answers or point me
to another source for answers it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
1. Are there any special requirements for using fillet welds to attach
A36 steel elements to AR225/400 plate? Are E70XX electrodes
2. Can AR225/400 plate be rolled to a 13ft+/- radius? Also, can it be
bent to form 120 degree angles? How about 90 degree angles?
3. Can ordinary (i.e. Hilti, etc.) powder actuated fasteners be used to
attach thin gauge metal to AR225/400 plate?
4. Can self-tapping screw be used to attach to AR225/400 plate?
5. What size sheets is AR225/400 typically available in? 4ftx8ft?
Thomas and Hutton Engineering Company
50 Park of Commerce Way
Savannah, Georgia 31405
Voice: (912) 234-5300
Fax: (912) 234-2950
email: howard.t(--nospam--at)thomas-hutton.com <mailto:howard.t(--nospam--at)thomas-hutton.com>
web: <file://www.thomas-hutton.com/> http://www.thomas-hutton.com
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org