RE: Children cause earthquake in giant jump

Always the curious, I checked what kind of readings they got.  Hmm,
according to the NEIC, NOTHING.  According to the article, they expected a
magnitude 3 response.  Nigel Pain, director of Science Year said it was
supposed to be "...something like a hundredth of a serious earthquake".
IIRC, the earthquake scale is logarithmic.  So, a "serious earthquake" in
Britain would be 5???  Having been through several 5's, I would not consider
that to be a serious earthquake.

This is what we get when we let politicians and reporters fool with science.

Mark Jones

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.