Subject: RE: embrittlement of reinforcing bars when hot-dip galvanized
From: "Prakash C. Chowdhury" <pcchowdhury(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
The other problem, apart from welding (and chromating), to watch is COLD
WORK. If the steel was cold worked BEFORE galvanazing, you can be sure it
is brittle, the degree of embrittlement depends (ofcourse!) on the degree
of prior cold work.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org