Re: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)
- From: Structuralist <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net>
- Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 23:32:55 -0700
My Son-in-law blew his stack and accused his daughter of intentionally receiving the information although I know she restricts herself to children forums. My son-in-law who is an abusive jerk (and probably why our grand daughter has been living with us) never set the security levels for his daughter on AOL and while she was innocent of any wrong doing, she received the same spam that most of us get on our ISP (although I had more on AOL than any other ISP).
The slime is in the woodworks and no matter what your good intention, its bound to come out and attack the wrong person.
Keep it clean and I wouldn't worry about it.
PS. The best disclaimers I've seen have been written by Attorney's. I don't think I would put one on my email as no one would take me seriously!
At 10:42 PM 9/7/2001, you wrote:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this sort of disclaimer (quoted
below) is worth a pitcher of warm spit? Considering how things get passed
around on the Internet and yesterday's legal decision that one can't be held
quite as responsible for what one says on the net as in "real life" (my
interpretation), I wonder.
Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA
In a message dated 9/7/01, ********** writes:
<< NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing,
copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended
recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting
it from your computer. >>
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
760.564.0884 - Phone
208.361.5447 - Efax
- Re: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)
- From: Rhkratzse
- Prev by Subject: Re: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)
- Next by Subject: RE: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)
- Previous by thread: Re: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)
- Next by thread: RE: Children ... (AKA disclaimer)