RE: Firewall Software

Thor:

I continue to use Tiny Personal Firewall on my home PC.  Once I finally figured out how to use it (the documentation is awful), it has been just great.  I never am pestered by alerts, yet the cumulative activity log indicates an average of about 100 thwarted intrusions every day.  It consistently gives me "stealth" (highest, essentially invisible) protection when tested at both DSLreports.com and grc.com.

After reading your post, I tested their website and got in without any problem.  You might also try this more specific link:

If you still can't connect, just wait a day or two.  The Internet is experiencing numerous outages as a result of America's latest tragedy.

Stan Caldwell
Dallas, Texas

To Stan Caldwell,

Further to my crash by Zone Alarm, I have looked at a couple of other systems.

I tried to access www.tinysoftware.com but it wouldn't connect.  Have you been there lately?

Thor A Tandy P.Eng
Victoria BC
Canada