RE: Competing Codes[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Competing Codes
- From: "Cain, William" <bcain(--nospam--at)ebmud.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:06:58 -0700
I don't use the SBC but the UBC states, in Section1634.1.2 Criteria.:
"When applicable design standards and other design criteria are not contained in or referenced by this code, such criteria shall be obtained from approved national standards."
That is the exemption that allows AWWA D-100, D-103, D-110 and others for water towers and reservoirs to be used in ICBO territory. I would expect similar language to be contained in the other model codes.
Bill Cain, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Competing Codes
- Next by Subject: Re: Competing Codes
- Previous by thread: RE: Competing Codes
- Next by thread: RE: Competing Codes