RE: Diaphragm circa 1971

I found a couple of brochures in my files on gypsum roof decks with bulb tees
and draped mesh (chicken wire) from 1969.  One is Zonolite, a product of W.
R. Grace Co. and the other is from National Gypsum (Gold Bond).  Both
brochures have tables for gravity loads and expound the sound deadening and
fire resistance virtues of the product, but neither mentions diaphragm shear
capacities.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Martin in response to James Balmer's message:

. > I don't have the info you are requesting, but when the fill material gets
. > wet it may turn to mush.  Check its consistency when it gets wet ... i.e.
. > leaky roof.

. > The application of this system I am familiar with used "bulb tees" and
. > fiber board which served as a form for an insulating fill and acoustical
. > tile ceiling.  The reinforcement was draped chicken wire.

. > Paul Martin
. > Wichita, KS