Addendum RE: Diaphragm circa 1971

In putting the Gold Bond brochure back in the file, I spied a paragraph
headed, "seismic data."  It states, "... horizontal diaphragm shear values in
excess of 1100 pounds per lineal foot are allowed by each of the following
regulatory jurisdictions:

      [ICBO] Research Recommendations 1269 and 1312

      City of Los Angeles - General Approvals 22107 and 23267

      ... (Tri-Services Manual) Seismic Design for Buildings

Each approval gives criteria for computing allowable shear and includes a
table listing allowable values for several conventional gypsum deck
assemblies. ..."

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona