De: Ron Hill [mailto:ronhill(--nospam--at)hillce.com]
Enviado el: Lunes, 17 de Septiembre de 2001 12:49
Para: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Asunto: RE: Natural Frequency

For "flag-pole" type (first mode) I find the Modified Rayleigh Method as
noted in Biggs "Introduction to Structural Dynamic" is a good one.  You load
the structure in the horizontal direction with the dead load and determine
the deflections.  You can use your general FEM program to calculate
deflections.

Ronald Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
Birmingham, Alabama  USA