A15, intermediate grade reinforcing

Original Message
(I'm just getting around to reading old email)
From: HAWNENG(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:HAWNENG(--nospam--at)aol.com]
  Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 9:25 PM
  To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
  Subject: RE: A15, intermediate grade reinforcing

  Our office is investigating an the load capacity of an 8 inch thick
  reinforced concrete floor slab.  The floor slab is in a sanitary sewer
lift station.  The plans are dated 1970 and specify A15, intermediate grade
  reinforcing.  Can someone tell me the yield stress for this specific
  reinforcing.

This question may have been answered later but "Section 405(a)--Metal
Reinforcement" of ACI 318-63 states:
Reinforcing bars shall conform to "Specifications for Billet-Steel Bars for
Concrete Reinforcement" (ASTM A 15). Section 1003 of the (working
stress)code gives the allowable tensile stress of billet-steel bars as
18,000 psi.

frank.hartzell(--nospam--at)jacobs.com

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.