Re: doubled plywood sheathing on one side of shear wall to increase capacity?

Let's say your boundary nailing for the first layer is 8d @ 2.5" and 10d for the
second layer (and assume 2x studs and plates), is not the extent of fastening
limiting the panel's effectiveness if potentially weakening the framing through
overnailing?

Steven A.
Los Angeles