Flat Slabs

Hello all;

We are looking at a preliminary design for a flat slab floor (at grade)
supported by precast piles at 12'-6" o.c. each way.  The floor must
support a 800 psf live load.  We also have a forklift carrying a 7000
lbs roll of paper (trying to get more information on this).  They have
not informed us of any rack storage in the building.  At present we are
looking at a 12" slab as a starting point.  Having only done one flat
slab project (actually checking an existing building to insure it was
designed for vertical expansion) I am trying to find out about any
pitfalls I may need to look out for.  Based on limited investigation
there may be a need for drop panels (don't think so for sure but is a
possibility).  Also would love to get some ideas for references on the
design of flat slabs.

Mike