RE: Flat Slabs

Point well taken, however this individual is asking some fundamental
questions that are not going to be resolved over the email list nor through
any references that may be provided.  Clearly this engineer needs to be
provided with some hands on guidance from an individual that has experience
with not only two-way flat plate design but also structured industrial slabs
similar to what is being dealt with here. Anyway, under separate email, in
an effort to make amends, I will be forwarding a set of zipped structural
drawings to Mr.Zaitz of a project for which I designed using a two-way flat
plate structured slab-on-grade supported by auger cast piles for
approximately 500 PSF+ racks, fork trucks and other heavy "stuff" for a go
by.

Matthew Stuart, PE, SE, PEng