Re: fire resistance of concrete connections

Yannis

Sorry for getting back to you late; was sort of busy with routines.

Well, I can recommend you few more references which might be of help to you, I guess.

     1)   ACI REPORT, ACI 216R-89 (reapproved-1994)
          GUIDE FOR DETERMINING THE FIRE ENDURANCE
          OF CONCRETE; PART-3 OF ACI MANUAL OF
          CONCRETE PRACTICE.

     2)   ACI REPORT, ACI 216.1-97
          STANDARD METHOD FOR DETERMINING FIRE RESISTANCE
          OF CONCRETE AND MASONRY CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES.
          PART-3 OF ACI MANUAL OF CONCRETE PRACTICE.

     3)    SIMPLIFIED DESIGN OF REINFORCED CONCRETE
           BUILDINGS OF MODERATE SIZE AND HEIGHT.
              BY: PORTLAND CEMENT ASSOCIATION
             CHAPTER-10 ON DESIGN CONSIDERATION
                  FOR FIRE RESISTANCE.

Yannis, I don't really fully understand what specifically you are looking for. But if you do let me know, may be I can fax you some of these materials. Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.