From: Michael LeComte [mailto:m.lecomte(--nospam--at)lycos.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 2:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASCE 7-88 vs. 7-93

Does anyone know of any changes in the WIND LOAD section of ASCE 7-93 when
the code updated from the previous 1988 version?

I realize the most current edition of ASCE 7 is 1998.  I'm dealing with the
AASHTO LRFD Bridge Specfications which indicate using "the
fastest-mile-of-wind charts available in ASCE 7-88".  Fair enough but was
confuses me a bit is that the aforementioned Bridge code is the 1999
edition, and there is a reference in this same code to ASCE7-93, so I don't
think it's a matter of ASCE 7-93 not being around long enough to make it
into the 1999 AASHTO code.

So, that's my long way of saying there must be something different in the
ASCE 7-88 compared to the ASCE 7-93 wind load spec?

Thanks,

Michael LeComte, PE
FL Bridge Engineer

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp