RE: Math Software

Depends on what you mean by "a LOT".  MathCAD has a very easy interface.
Essentially, you type the equations just as would write them; you are not
"programming".  For example, let's say you want the LRFD Steel interaction
equation (equation H1-1a, LRFD).  The keystrokes would be "P.u/f[ALT-g]P.n
+8/9 (M.ux/f[ALT-g].b*M.nx  +M.uy/f[ALT-g]M.ny)=".  There are only two
MathCAD specific things you need to learn.  First, [ALT-g] turns an letter
into it's Greek equivalent, in this case f becomes phi.  Second, you
sometimes need to type a space to "organize" the equation.  That's it and it
comes out looking as if someone had typeset it.  Now, I type faster than I
write so, for me, this is faster but YMMV.  The more complicated the
equation, for example reverse solving for rho in the concrete equations,
MathCAD becomes faster relative to "by hand".

Mark Jones

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.