RE: Nondestructive testing of concrete material

Sateesh,

I have employed UT on concrete several times in the past.  I used it on some
drilled piers on projects beginning in about 1992.  It will not tell you the
quality of the concrete, but it will tell you if the material is consistent
throughout the length of the pier.  It will also detect discontinuities.  It
is highly dependent on the experience of the tester.  There are also some
horror stories out there.

I would suggest that you contact Olson Engineering
http://www.olsonengineering.com/ . They have case histories on their web
site.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague